▬ by real estate investment ▬
Become a full Turkish Citizen and obtain a Turkish passport by investing $400,000 in Turkish property. Here is your complete guide to the requirements and process.
Secure your future
Pera Property‘s experienced team of experts and legal team offer a fully packaged service including all aspects of the process, and ancillary processes required to obtain citizenship. Our after sales service continues with full management of the investments as per the investor’s requirements.
to 72 countries worldwide
Conditions to be met
Enjoy a hassle free process with Pera Property
- Identify and purchase the property;
- Pay for the property – the funds must be made available in Pounds Sterling, US Dollar, or Euros – and then exchanged via the Turkish central bank;
- Notarise the contract if applicable – 3-4 days;
- Prepare and notarise PoA – one day;
- Expertise report – up to three working days;
- Register the title – up to 20 working days depending on the workload at the office. In most cases it is within one week;
- Register the charge. To prevent resale within 3 years. 10 working days, but usually done within a week;
- Confirmation of the investment report. This is a report from the land registry to your solicitor to confirm your investment. Can take up to 20 working days in the extreme. Usually should take no more than one week.
- Application for residency. Only the investor can apply for residency. Our solicitor gets the residency approved on the same day.
- Application for citizenship. Once all the above is completed, the application is made – one day.
Required For the Process
A normal passport or a travel document.
If married. If divorced – divorce certificate. If never married, confirmation of single status.
If these are not available, an affidavit from the consulate confirming place and date of birth.
Passports and birth certicates
A temporary ID number issued by any Turkish tax office
Each asset must be independently valued by an SPK authorised surveyor
Along with a completed 3 year charge.
Once the assets have been purchased and legal charge applied, the registry office will write to your solicitor confirming the investment.
The following must be authenticated: Birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce certificate, or certificate of single status. Contact us to find out how.
Benefits of Turkish citizenship
Turkish citizenship grants access to 113 countries.
New citizens are not required to live in the country.
New citizens are not required to take any language test.
The applicants partner is eligible and any children under the age of 18.
The Schengen visa is relatively easy to apply for with a Turkish passport.
UK access is available via the Ankara agreement which ends in 2021.
A full package
Pera Property provides full guidance and assistance throughout the process, and we have teamed up with on of Istanbul’s most experienced legal partnerships. Experience is the key to ensuring a smooth process, and Pera Property has completed over 100 citizenship applications.
Frequently Asked Questions
The surveyor provides a report which must match or exceed the purchase price of the property. This is to ensure that the buyer and seller are carrying out a transaction in good faith. The ministry of urbanisation then verifies this report and confirms the value and purchase price.
Technically no, we recommend that you visit at least once to inspect the property, make a selection, and sign contracts. During this visit, you can provide Pera Property with a specific power of attorney to ensure we can take of the process for you. The process can be long winded and involve a lot of leg work at offices, hence we recommend this is left to professionals like us. Note the immigration office can only be attended by the applicant, or the applicant’s solicitor. The solicitor must be registered with the Turkish bar association.
Impossible. The purchase process usually takes 3-4 weeks in total. If a VAT exemption is involved, a further 2-3 weeks is need just for that process. Document preparation by the applicant usually takes 3-4 weeks. Even if documents are prepared well in advance, the application process itself can take 4 weeks approx. The assessment of the application takes a minimum of two months, and on average around 3 months. Expect to be granted citizenship after a minimum period of 3 months.