As predicted in March 2018, the Turkish government passed a new law, reducing the required investment level for the Turkish "Golden Passport".
Following initiatives in other EU countries, Turkey also allowed for investors making a one time investment of $1,000,000 to qualify for Turkish nationality.
Such a high figure did not attract many investors, and authorities decided to reduce this to $250,000
- Full requirements have been outlined in law number 5901, 46th paragraph.
- An investment of $250,000 in real estate qualifies the investor and his/her family for Turkish nationality.
- The real estate in question must be title deed (Tapu) ready - in most cases this means the real estate in question is key ready. However in some cases, projects under construction are able to provide title deeds before completion.
- The investment amount must be sent in one sum, from outside the borders of Turkey. It must be at least $250,000 or its equivalent in a foreign currency.
- The purchase must be made in one go, that is to say a purchase with a payment plan would disqualify the eligibility.
See our full guide on our dedicated citizenship page at this link.